Friday, March 29, 2013

I want it all....I want it now

That title must be song, it popped into my head while doing research.  I received my fourth step this morning.  The days I receive my www.cure-your-depression.com link, I research for more and more.  I saw this morning a briefing to my next step.  What I did is allow my mind to race forward, almost ignoring my beloved fourth step.  It seems I don't have patience that I should have of waiting for the next step to come.

In my search I found this web sight offering helpful ways to work my 5th step:  Here is the link for my next step.

Whoa, wind sockie, slow down.


My step today is one I have been doing off and on, but as most things with depression, somehow they slip out of your mind.  Today I will focus on overcoming my negative thoughts.  I will write affirmations so I will have them on hand.  Here are a few:

1.  I am smart!
2.  I am confident
3.  I am pain free and eat healthy
4.  I am adjusting to the single life
5.  I am worth this time to heal
6.  I am worthy of happiness
7.  I am beautiful
8.  I have a lot to offer the world.
9.  I keep my mind open to new things
10.  I am all I believe I am and I believe them all

What a list, but first I must breathe.  My sub conscience mind must be imprinted with these affirmations.  I have read suggestions to put a rubber band on your arm and snap it when you say negative things and learn an affirmation to speak it out loud.  I also read it takes at least 30 days to change the sub conscience mind.  I doubt I can change it by doing this one day and not the next.  This is my plight in life, to continue with the good and take the garbage out.

Speaking of garbage, I also need to declutter to have a healthier mind, so I need to take out my own garbage.  So simple, but someone who is depressed will often find it hard to do the smallest things in life.  I will have breakthrough if I only take my garbage out literally and figuratively.  

Bless you, bless me, bless the world

Be grateful for what you do have

We can always find others with more difficult trials to overcome, this does not mean yours are not as important

 

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment