Saturday, April 6, 2013

Allowed to cry

Woke up feeling better than yesterday, last night had a great conversation with a dear friend from my past.  No wonder so many people love getting together, sharing emotions and laughter.  Socialization, here I come.

People like my friend can be an inspiration.  Another inspiration comes from an Oprah show I saw a long time ago.  Jacqui Saburido, a young woman burned in a tragic automobile accident told how she only cried 5 minutes a day.  I have thought of that young woman many times through my own struggles with health and depression.  I was ashamed I didn't have what this young lady had after clearly a much greater burden.

When I found this you tube video, I realized putting a limit on crying just pushes the pain a little deeper.  Someday it has to find a way out or your pain will most likely influence your decision and could affect your health.

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Jacquis-Struggle-Video_1 

Don't be ashamed of your own tears

No comments:

Post a Comment