Sunday, April 28, 2013

Love lost...lost...lost...

I had a reason for reflection on my "love life" today.  Someone asked me are you afraid to love?  I don't think this is it in the least.  I just feel I have a lot of work to do on myself to be a whole person.  I don't know if it will take me a lifetime and I will choose not to love again, or I fall madly in love when I am 95.  Who knows right? 

My life will be full of laughter and travel.  I don't feel the need to have that "one special" person in my life.  I wouldn't mind a few friends now and then.  I shielded myself for a long time to friends.  I hadn't had a real friend since my first marriage.  My friends consisted of my immediately family or spouse.

Will I be a good friend?  I don't know.  I do get wrapped up thinking about all I need to do and if I had a friend, would I have the time needed to think of these things?  Now of course, I know this is absurd, but what can I say.....

I will continue my path to recovery while making my way back to society.  I will be working soon.  It is what I need, and hey, I find my patients are my friends when I am working.  I used to get so many nice gifts for no reason at all!

...or maybe they appreciated a  good friend?  Maybe I do have what it takes, but I won't know until I try.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment